2019 ACCESSIBILITY (ADA)
OFFICIAL PLANET HOME GUIDE
Planet Home is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to help you have an awesome experience.
There will be assigned ADA entry at each entrance. Disabled guests may use this lane to safely enter the venue. After entering the venue, please visit the Guest Info desk (adjacent to GA entrance) at your earliest convenience.
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential.
There will be an Guest Info and ADA Access Center conveniently located on the right side of the GA entrance, inside the venue. At the Access Center you can:
– Get your ADA wristband credential.
– Get your ADA questions answered.
– Learn about other accessibility services.
– ADA Wristbands are good for the whole weekend
– DO NOT remove your wristband for the duration the event
– One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron
– If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Access Center to be reissued
The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. The event is held in the Palace of the Fine Arts. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Access Center. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREA
There will be an accessible viewing area made available to ADA patrons who may need to see above the crowd. To gain access to this area, please visit the Access Center.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
– Companions may be asked to stand if capacity is reached
– These are non-smoking areas
– Patrons are not allowed to save spots
Parking will not be available onsite. However, accessible parking spaces are available for disabled guests with valid handicap placard or plates near the venue.
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue; however, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials and allowed within the event footprint. The following guidelines must be abided:
– All service animals must remain by the handlerâ€™s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animalâ€™s work or the individualâ€™s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
– Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area.
– Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
– All animals should have legally required vaccinations.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS
If you would like to request ASL interpretation for any performance, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that requests must be made no later than 21 days before the event to allow for sufficient processing time.
To request Closed Captioning, Braille/Large Font Print, Guided Tours and/or other forms of Effective Communication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– ATMs & Concessions: All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with an event staff member.
– First Aid: We have First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event maps and mobile app. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these
– Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond the eventâ€™s food service, please
contact us at email@example.com for further information.
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
Planet Home will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please donâ€™t hesitate to reach out to us.